Vanaf maandag 11 mei herstarten onze trainingen! Voorlopig zijn deze alleen buiten en met bokken. Hierdoor houden we een veilige afstand en kunnen we meer halen uit een training dan de online trainingen van de afgelopen tijd. Deze waren zeker ook nuttig, maar dat was redelijk overwinteren. Met vreugde gaan we weer aan de slag. Heb je interesse in een proefles, stuur ons een bericht om een geschikt moment uit te kiezen.
During the quarantine because of COVID-19, Sanshinkai Aikido Utrecht gives its students ome time per week homework. Additionally, three times per week an online training to participate from home is being offered via video conference with Jitsi Meet. These are well received, hence are here some pointers for other dojos that had to close.
- Position your camera at a high point, this way the feet of the instructor are clearly visible. Also make sure teh microphone is not covered.
- Put your laptop or phone in a non-disturb mode to prevent disturbing notifications.
- Everybody – except the instructor – switches his or her microphone and camera off. The quality of video and audio depends mainly on everybody’s internet connection. Sometimes it is also better to switch to a less fast wifi connection which has a stronger signal.
- Divide the training in pieces of 15 to 20 minutes and make the entire training not longer than one hour or one hour and 15 minutes. After each part, take a break of one or two minutes so that everybody can switch on his or her microphone and can give short feedback, for example to talk louder. A watch or timer is handy if you are using your smartphone for the video connection.
- Prepare your trainings. Opposite to a normal training, it is harder to work with challenges you observe in the group. Share in advance some movies, images or short description of what you would like to practice. Good sources are Darebee and YouTube
- Training online individually als has an important social element in these times of social isolation. Take a few minutes before and after the training for this, so that everybody can great one another or can make some jokes. For the rest good to start and stop punctually.
- When needed, reiterate to all participants at the beginning of the training that the live images are only for this closed circle of students and must not be recorded or shared.
- Experiment with the technical and didactical possibilities and discover which work for your dojo. Do not believe blindly what video services claim to be, but test it yourself and read comparing analyses. Video conferencing is also a possibility to organize some drinks or to catch up with individual students.
Jelena Vrzić sensei will be giving 13 guest trainings in the Netherlands from February 27th until the 7th of March. The first training on the Thursday will be at Sanshinkai Aikido Utrecht. Vrzić is from Serbia and holds the rank of 6th dan and is a student of Tada shihan, 9th dan. Her trainings are exceptionally inspiring, with returning focus on flow, placement and relaxation. The theme is metsuke; looking at nothing and seeing everything.
Her training at Sanshinkai Aikido Utrecht is scheduled on Thursday, February 27th and admission is open for everybody. The trainings start at 19:30 and last until 21:30. Admission is € 12.50 for a single training. Please pay at the door (cash only) and arrive in time at 19.15.
For a complete overview of Jelena’s trainings in the Netherlands, discounts and a combination ticket, please see the poster in JPG and Facebook. Our dojo has free parking on the grounds at Tamboersdijk 9 and is also quite easily reached by public transport.
De sectie Overige stijlen van de Aikido Bond Nederland organiseert op zaterdag 8 februari in de Nederlandse Culturele Aikido Club Leiden een seminar met drie aikidoleraren. Van 14.00 tot en met 16.30 worden er trainingen gegeven door Sander van Geloven, 4e dan, gevolgd door Lex van Teeffelen en Niek Zandee, beide 5e dan. Aansluitend is er op de mat een ALV tot 17.00 en vanaf 17.15 is er een borrel in een café in de buurt. Toegang tot dit seminar en de drankjes tot 18.00 zijn gratis! Voor meer informatie, zie ook Facebook en de posters in PDF en PNG.
As of Thursday 10th up and until Saturday October 19th, Jelena Vrzić sensei will be hosting again several guest trainings in the Netherlands, among others also at Sanshinkai Aikido Utrecht. Vrzić is from Serbia and holds the rank of 6th dan and is a student of Tada shihan, 9th dan. Her trainings are exceptionally inspiring, with returning focus on flow, placement and relaxation. The theme is stability by the principle of opposing forces.
Her training at Sanshinkai Aikido Utrecht is scheduled on Wednesday, October 16th and admission is open for everybody. The trainings start at 19:30 and last until 21:30. Admission is € 12.50 for a single training. Please pay at the door (cash only) and arrive in time at 19.15.
For a complete overview of Jelena’s trainings in the Netherlands, discounts and a combination ticket, please see the poster in JPG and Facebook. Free parking on the grounds at Tamboersdijk 9 and the dojo is also quite easily reached by public transport.
Note: the next day on Thursday, we are closed and will be joining Jelena’s training at Enshukai in Rotterdam.